themselves with this statement and our site terms.
How Information About You Will Be Used
1. We will use your information to:
1.1 process loan applications submitted by you;
1.2 manage your account(s) with us and to send you statements;
1.3 provide our services to you;
1.4 contact you in relation to other products and services;
1.5 undertake research, assessment and analysis (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, market and product analysis) to enable us to develop and improve our services to you and other customers and to protect our interests; and
1.6 administer our systems and to report information to our advertisers.
2. We will store and process your information on our computers and in any other way we need to so that we can carry out the activities in paragraph 1 above.
3. By "your information" we mean personal and financial information about you that we:
3.1 obtain from you or from third parties, such as credit reference agencies (who may search the Electoral Register), fraud prevention agencies or other organisations;
3.2 learn from the way you use and manage your account(s) with us (including from the transactions and payments made to your account with us); and
4. We will monitor and/or record telephone calls from and to you in the interests of customer service and for training purposes. This may be done either by ourselves or reputable organisations carefully selected by us to ensure consistent servicing levels, to assist with staff training and account operations and to help us combat fraud.
5. We use a third party analytics provider called SessionCam to analyse your use of our website and your online interactions with us. SessionCam "records" browsing sessions, allowing us to playback particular interactions you have had with our website. SessionCam also produces aggregated, statistical reports on customer interactions. We use SessionCam's services solely for internal purposes, to improve website usability and our overall service offering to customers. We do not share it with any third parties. More information about SessionCam can be found here: https://sessioncam.com/privacy-policy-cookies/.
Who Will We Give Your Information To?
6. We may give your information to: carefully selected third parties (such as other financial services companies) so that they can contact you about other products and services that may be of interest to you; credit reference and fraud prevention agencies; people who provide a service to us or act on our behalf, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential. If they are located in another country (which may be outside the European Economic Area) we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to information held in the UK and to use your information only for the purpose of providing the service to us;
6.1 any third party who introduced you to us so that they can contact you and for their own accounting and administration purposes; and
6.2 anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under this agreement.
7. We may also give out information about you if we have a duty to do so or if the law requires or allows us to do so.
8. If you agreed to us and third parties contacting you about other products and services during the application process but later decide you no longer wish to receive such communications then please visit the "My Account" page on our website to change the consents you have given. Most messages we send to you will also explain how you may change the consents you have given.
9. We will protect the information you provide us by:
9.1 using Transport Layer Security;
9.2 limiting the access our staff have to your information to the minimum required to perform their duties; and
9.3 maintaining firewalls and security technologies to minimise the risk of external attack to our servers;
9.4 ensuring that all your information is subject to data protection laws; and
9.5 regularly monitoring our security systems.
10. From time to time we would like to contact you with offers relating to products of ours which we think you might be interested in, by SMS, post, email, telephone or automated message. Please tick the appropriate box on the application if you wish to receive marketing material from us or contact us at Mr Lender, Suite 105W, Sterling House, Langston Road, Loughton, IG10 3TS to inform us of your marketing preferences.
12. When you submit your application, you will be asked to agree to the use of your information in sections 9 and 10 above.
13. If you follow links from our website to other websites then those websites will be subject to their own terms and privacy policies which are outside our control.
14. If you do not want us to use your personal information for these purposes you can tell us at any time by changing the preferences in your My Account page or emailing us at email@example.com.
Credit Reference And Fraud Prevention Agencies
15. When you apply for a product from us you confirm that all the information you have given to us is true and complete. When you apply for a product or service from us you authorise us to check the following records about you:
15.1 our own; and
15.2 those at a credit reference agencies (CRA). When our CRA receive a search from us they will add details of our search and your application to your credit records that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us public information (including the electoral register), shared credit information and fraud prevention information; and
15.3 those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
16. We will make checks with CRAs and FPAs such as assessing your application for credit and following approval of your application, we may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to enable us to manage your account with us. The purpose for the checks include ID verification and crime and fraud prevention.
17. Once you have an account with us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to our CRAs. If you borrow from us and do not repay in full and on time, we will register such information with CRAs who will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe.
18. If false or inaccurate information is provided by you or fraud is identified, we will record this and pass details to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
19. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
19.1 checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
19.2 managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
19.3 tracing debtors and recovering debt;
19.4 checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; and
19.5 checking details of job applicants and employees.
20. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
21. Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
22. This is a condensed version and if you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used please phone 0208-532-1969.
23. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting our Customer Services Department at the address below, by contacting us, by calling 0208-532-5022 or by visiting your "My Account" page on our website.
24. You also have the right to access information that we hold about you for a small fee. If you require details of the information that we hold about you, please write to our Customer Services Department at the address in paragraph 25 below.
How To Find Out More
26. If you would like more information write to our Customer Services Department, PDL Finance Limited trading as Mr Lender, Suite 105W, Sterling House, Langston Road, Loughton, IG10 3TS.
27. You can also contact the CRAs that we use. Their contact details are:
- Callcredit, Consumer Services, One Park Lane, Leeds, Yorkshire, LS3 1EP or call 0845 366 0071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. they may charge you a small statutory fee.
- Experian, Consumer Services, Landmark House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ or phone 0844 481 8000. They may charge you a small statutory fee.