PDL Finance Limited provides short term loans to customers who may wish to borrow between £200 and £1,000, which will generally be repaid
within 3 to 6 months. We understand that as a company, providing this type of service we have specific obligations towards our customers such as treating our customers fairly, providing
adequate information and to provide a safe and secure online environment for application processing. We make it clear to customers that this type of loan should be used for short term financial needs and
is not appropriate for long-term borrowing or if the customer is in financial difficulties. Careful checks will be conducted to find out whether the loan is suitable for the customer, taking account
of their circumstances.
All loan applications will be checked thoroughly and go through a sound, proper and appropriate affordability assessment and credit vetting which includes the customer’s ability to
repay the loan in sustainable manner. This includes using information supplied by the customer on the application form.
We will explain to our customers in general terms what types of information are considered in making a decision, if the customer asks for this.
We will not provide a short term loan if the customer has told us they are in financial difficulties or the credit assessment indicates that the loan would not be repaid in a suitable manner.
We uphold the Good Practice Customer Charter and the Addendum to CCTA Code of Practice.
We will provide our customers with the following information and will carry out the checks listed below. This is by no means an exhaustive checklist of information.
- Loan amount and lending criteria designed to meet a customer’s needs and affordability.
- Loans which we always promote in a way that underlines both, the risks as well as the benefits.
- Clear information on the cost of a customer’s borrowing is available on the Adequate Explanation and SECCI (Standard European Consumer Credit Information form).
- A limit on a customer’s borrowing that we believe will ensure they don't overstretch their finances and which will allow for some increase in expenditure.
- An assessment of a customer’s ability to make regular payments and repay the loan, using appropriate credit assessment techniques, before providing credit.
- We will check a customer’s previous financial activity including records of previous dealings with our company and obtaining a credit score.
- We will give our customers reasonable notice of interest rate and payment changes, if any apply.
- We will ensure that our customers’ personal information is confidential and will be treated in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- We will handle any queries or complaints our customers may have in accordance with our Complaints Procedure and ensure these are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- We will treat our customers with consideration and forbearance if they were to experience difficulties with loan repayment.